Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"There's So Much to Be Thankful For"

Last fall, inspired by a Michigan Music Therapists workshop presentation from music therapists Angie Snell and Laurel Rosen-Weatherford, I taught my adolescent and young adult special education students signs to accompany Josh Groban's Thankful (on the Noel album).  The students performed the piece at our annual holiday program in December and left very few dry eyes among the staff and parents in attendance.  For confidentiality reasons, I am not able to post the video of their performance, but I am able to share this video I recorded of myself during class; their classroom teachers used this video to help the students practice outside of our weekly session.  


I wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving; you are all among the many blessings for which I am thankful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment